Join us in France this coming October 2nd to 4th, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Nice, Palais de la Mediterranee, for the third edition of SLICE – the live course dedicated to stroke!
If you were at the second edition, you already experienced the excitement of being one of 300 multidisciplinary experts who came together and shared their knowledge and clinical expertise. The 2017 edition will build on this successful approach, highlighting new clinical cases, emerging techniques and improved team strategies providing you with the tools and resources you need to change your practice today.
In 2017, Stroke cases will be recorded at the following Stroke Centers:
- Fondation Adolphe de Rothschild, Department of Neuroradiology, Paris, France – led by Michel Piotin
- UPMC Stroke Institute, Pittsburgh, USA – led by Tudor G. Jovin
- University Hospital of Montpellier, Montpellier, France – led by Vincent Costalat
- Vall d’Hebron – University Hospital – Stroke Unit and Cerebral Hemodynamics, Barcelona, Spain – led by Marc Ribo
- Inselspital – University of Bern – Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology – Bern, Switzerland – led by Jan Gralla
- Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève, Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Geneva, Switzerland – led by Paolo Machi
This year at SLICE – for the very first time – Stroke Centers are invited to submit their best recorded cases of stroke treatment. Three teams will be selected to present and share their work with the course participants, both audience and faculty members.
We will also look beyond the latest trials to technical protocols, anesthesia management and the neurological guidelines necessary for effective decision-making during the acute phase. An internationally renowned and uniquely accessible multidisciplinary faculty will offer their own tips and tricks, sharing practical “take home” messages that can improve and optimize your decision-making and workflow – essential elements in stroke care.
This new edition’s program will focus on:
- Day 1: Pre-Hospital Management
- Day 2: Acute Stroke Recanalization
- Day 3: Prevention Strategy
During the lunch break, there will be 3 workshops available for all participants:
- Stroke treatment on silicon models
- Model simulation of induction and management of blood pressure during general anesthesia
- “Test yourself” at the Race Score and NIHSS
Mark your calendars now and be sure to join us in Nice for the third edition of SLICE – which promises to be even more productive and interactive than ever before!
Remember…it is only by working together that we can improve stroke care for all our patients!
Vincent Costalat & Alain Bonafé